Close Menu
Reality News TodayReality News Today

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins
    • Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39
    • Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH
    • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates Oyo Speaker, Debo Ogundoyin On His Birthday
    • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Hails Governor Makinde’s Strong Supporter, Seye Famojuro On His Birthday
    • WAEC Releases 2025 Private WASSCE Results as Pass Rate Drops by 11.47 Percentage Points
    • Muslims Urged to Look Out for Ramadan 1447AH Moon on Tuesday
    • FG Drags El-Rufai to Court Over Alleged Interception of NSA Ribadu’s Phone Calls
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Reality News TodayReality News Today
    • Homepage
    • News
      • Feature
      • Special Report
      • Business and Economy
        • Education
      • Photo News
    • Health
    • Event and lifestyle
      • Technology
      • Security
    • Video
    • TV
    Reality News TodayReality News Today
    Home » Oyo Govt Faults FG’s Claim on Land Sales, Reaffirms State Authority Over Land Use
    News

    Oyo Govt Faults FG’s Claim on Land Sales, Reaffirms State Authority Over Land Use

    AdminBy AdminOctober 23, 2025Updated:October 23, 2025No Comments125 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Oyo State Government has faulted the Federal Government’s recent statement on alleged illegal land sales in the state, insisting that the lands in question were lawfully revoked and reallocated in accordance with the Land Use Act.

    Reacting to the Federal Government’s claims through the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC), the Oyo State Commissioner for Lands, Housing, and Urban Development, Mr. Williams, clarified that the temporary allocations made decades ago had long expired.

    “The land meant for broadcasting purposes has been misused and neglected, with parts converted into entertainment and hospitality ventures,” the commissioner stated. He added that a related court case had been dismissed, affirming the state’s right to reclaim the property.

    “The Certificate of Occupancy has been revoked, and the land lawfully reallocated,” he said.

    Williams accused some federal agencies of acting above the law and violating Oyo State’s planning regulations by constructing buildings without securing the required approvals. “Certain federal establishments have been constructing buildings without obtaining state planning approval, assuming their federal status exempts them,” he said.

    He described such actions as clear violations of Oyo State laws, citing concerns about safety compliance even at the Federal Secretariat complex and projects near the railway station.

    The commissioner vowed that the state government would not tolerate continued disregard for its planning policies. “We will not tolerate non-compliance with our planning policies. Oyo State will not step back or allow the excesses of these agencies to continue to the disadvantage of our people,” he declared.

    Williams further explained that the land revocations followed due process, with notices of intention duly served and public announcements made. He noted that most of the affected allocations date back to the 1980s and had remained undeveloped.

    “Every Certificate of Occupancy clearly states that if the land is not developed within a specified time, usually two years, the holder risks losing it. Many of these allocations have remained untouched for decades,” he said.

    Reiterating the government’s position, the commissioner maintained that the exercise was not punitive but corrective and protective. “Our actions are not punitive; they are corrective and protective. We act to prevent potential dangers, reclaim abandoned spaces, and promote sustainable urban growth,” he explained.

    Williams assured investors that there was no cause for alarm, stressing that the state remained committed to supporting genuine investors. “The state government fully supports legitimate investors committed to developing Oyo State. We will continue to provide an enabling environment for business to thrive,” he assured.

    He reaffirmed the state’s sovereignty over land administration matters, saying, “Oyo State is sovereign in its land administration. Our duty is to ensure that land serves the people, not to let it lie waste under the pretext of federal ownership.”

    Williams also maintained that the Federal Government’s recent public notice misrepresented the legal status of the affected lands. “The parcels were lawfully revoked years ago in line with the Land Use Act, following due process and for the good of the people of Oyo State,” he emphasized.

    Akin Funmilayo FG Oyo govt Seyi Makinde
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Top Posts

    OYOSUBEB Releases CBT Results, Sets 50% Cut-off Mark for Recruitment

    July 31, 20243,999

    Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Okeho, Appoints Pioneer Vice Chancellor, Bursar

    August 30, 20251,932

    NULGE Rejects OYSHIA’s 7.5% Insurance Cut, Says Policy Undermines Workers’ Welfare in Oyo

    January 12, 20261,915

    Oyo State Head of Service Clarifies 2025 Confirmation/Advancement/Promotion Examinations for Public Servants

    October 18, 20251,701
    Don't Miss
    News

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    By AdminFebruary 17, 20268

    The Alhaji Dawud Makanjuola Akinola, Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland, Edo and Delta States, has congratulated…

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026

    Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates Oyo Speaker, Debo Ogundoyin On His Birthday

    February 17, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from Reality News Today.

    Demo
    About Us
    About Us

    Your window to the world.
    Email Us: realitynewstoday24@gmail.com
    Contact: +2348066248191

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Most Popular

    OYOSUBEB Releases CBT Results, Sets 50% Cut-off Mark for Recruitment

    July 31, 20243,999

    Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Okeho, Appoints Pioneer Vice Chancellor, Bursar

    August 30, 20251,932

    NULGE Rejects OYSHIA’s 7.5% Insurance Cut, Says Policy Undermines Workers’ Welfare in Oyo

    January 12, 20261,915
    © 2026 Reality News Today. Designed by gaftyHub. Your window to the world.
    • Home
    • News
    • Feature
    • Special Report
    • Photo News
    • Education
    • Business and Economy
    • Event and lifestyle
    • Health
    • Security
    • Technology
    • Video
    • TV

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.