Close Menu
Reality News TodayReality News Today

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins
    • Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39
    • Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH
    • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates Oyo Speaker, Debo Ogundoyin On His Birthday
    • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Hails Governor Makinde’s Strong Supporter, Seye Famojuro On His Birthday
    • WAEC Releases 2025 Private WASSCE Results as Pass Rate Drops by 11.47 Percentage Points
    • Muslims Urged to Look Out for Ramadan 1447AH Moon on Tuesday
    • FG Drags El-Rufai to Court Over Alleged Interception of NSA Ribadu’s Phone Calls
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Reality News TodayReality News Today
    • Homepage
    • News
      • Feature
      • Special Report
      • Business and Economy
        • Education
      • Photo News
    • Health
    • Event and lifestyle
      • Technology
      • Security
    • Video
    • TV
    Reality News TodayReality News Today
    Home » Military Refutes Coup Allegation, Reaffirms Loyalty to Tinubu’s Government
    News

    Military Refutes Coup Allegation, Reaffirms Loyalty to Tinubu’s Government

    AdminBy AdminOctober 18, 2025No Comments35 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The Defence Headquarters has denied claims that senior military officers were detained over an alleged plot to overthrow President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, describing the reports as entirely false and misleading.

    The clarification followed a viral online report alleging that sixteen senior officers were being held by the Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) for planning a coup — a claim which also linked the alleged plot to the cancellation of Nigeria’s Independence Day parade on October 1.

    Reacting to the report on Saturday, October 18, the Director of Defence Information, Brigadier General Tukur Gusau, said the Armed Forces had earlier issued a statement on the matter weeks ago and nowhere was a coup mentioned.

    “We issued a press release on this weeks ago, and we never mentioned that officers were arrested for a coup,” Gusau said in response to inquiries by The ICIR.

    According to him, the previous statement released by the Defence Headquarters on October 4 explained that the officers in question were arrested during a routine military exercise for reasons related to “indiscipline and breach of service regulations,” not for political activities.

    The statement added that investigations into the matter showed the officers’ grievances stemmed mainly from “perceived career stagnation” and repeated failure in promotion examinations. Some of the affected personnel, it said, were already facing disciplinary measures for various offences.

    “Their conduct was deemed incompatible with the standards of military service. Upon completion of investigations, indicted officers will face the full military disciplinary process,” the Defence Headquarters stated.

    Reaffirming its position, the military emphasized that the disciplinary actions were part of ongoing internal efforts to maintain professionalism, order, and accountability within the Armed Forces.

    “The Armed Forces will not tolerate behaviour that undermines the integrity of the institution or threatens its constitutional role under democratic authority,” the statement added.

    The Defence Headquarters further assured the public of its unwavering loyalty to the Constitution and its commitment to safeguarding Nigeria’s democracy, peace, and territorial integrity under the leadership of President Bola Tinubu.

    DHQ FG TINUBU
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Top Posts

    OYOSUBEB Releases CBT Results, Sets 50% Cut-off Mark for Recruitment

    July 31, 20243,999

    Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Okeho, Appoints Pioneer Vice Chancellor, Bursar

    August 30, 20251,932

    NULGE Rejects OYSHIA’s 7.5% Insurance Cut, Says Policy Undermines Workers’ Welfare in Oyo

    January 12, 20261,915

    Oyo State Head of Service Clarifies 2025 Confirmation/Advancement/Promotion Examinations for Public Servants

    October 18, 20251,701
    Don't Miss
    News

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    By AdminFebruary 17, 20266

    The Alhaji Dawud Makanjuola Akinola, Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland, Edo and Delta States, has congratulated…

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026

    Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates Oyo Speaker, Debo Ogundoyin On His Birthday

    February 17, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from Reality News Today.

    Demo
    About Us
    About Us

    Your window to the world.
    Email Us: realitynewstoday24@gmail.com
    Contact: +2348066248191

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Most Popular

    OYOSUBEB Releases CBT Results, Sets 50% Cut-off Mark for Recruitment

    July 31, 20243,999

    Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Okeho, Appoints Pioneer Vice Chancellor, Bursar

    August 30, 20251,932

    NULGE Rejects OYSHIA’s 7.5% Insurance Cut, Says Policy Undermines Workers’ Welfare in Oyo

    January 12, 20261,915
    © 2026 Reality News Today. Designed by gaftyHub. Your window to the world.
    • Home
    • News
    • Feature
    • Special Report
    • Photo News
    • Education
    • Business and Economy
    • Event and lifestyle
    • Health
    • Security
    • Technology
    • Video
    • TV

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.