Close Menu
Reality News TodayReality News Today

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Trending
    • Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins
    • Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39
    • Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH
    • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates Oyo Speaker, Debo Ogundoyin On His Birthday
    • Amofin Beulah Adeoye Hails Governor Makinde’s Strong Supporter, Seye Famojuro On His Birthday
    • WAEC Releases 2025 Private WASSCE Results as Pass Rate Drops by 11.47 Percentage Points
    • Muslims Urged to Look Out for Ramadan 1447AH Moon on Tuesday
    • FG Drags El-Rufai to Court Over Alleged Interception of NSA Ribadu’s Phone Calls
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Reality News TodayReality News Today
    • Homepage
    • News
      • Feature
      • Special Report
      • Business and Economy
        • Education
      • Photo News
    • Health
    • Event and lifestyle
      • Technology
      • Security
    • Video
    • TV
    Reality News TodayReality News Today
    Home » NAHCON Gets 48 Hours to Review Hajj Fare as Tinubu Orders Reduction
    News

    NAHCON Gets 48 Hours to Review Hajj Fare as Tinubu Orders Reduction

    AdminBy AdminOctober 6, 2025No Comments102 Views
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    President Bola Tinubu has ordered an immediate review and reduction of the 2026 Hajj fares to reflect the strengthening of the naira against the dollar, the key determinant of pilgrimage costs.

    Vice President Kashim Shettima, who conveyed the President’s directive, gave the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) 48 hours to submit new, realistic fares for the exercise. He issued the directive on Monday during a meeting with the management and board members of NAHCON at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

    Shettima said the review had become necessary following the steady appreciation of the naira, which should translate into reduced costs for intending pilgrims. He urged national and state officials, including governors, to work together to harmonise and adopt the new fares.

    In a statement issued by his spokesman, Stanley Nkwocha, the Vice President emphasised the need for all stakeholders to act swiftly to ensure prompt payments and remittances to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for a smooth and hitch-free exercise.

    Speaking with journalists after the meeting, Deputy Chief of Staff to the President, Senator Ibrahim Hadeija, said the gathering was convened to finalise preparations for the 2026 Hajj operations, particularly the determination of fares.

    According to him, the objective is to reduce the financial burden on pilgrims in line with the government’s economic reforms. “Rates have continued to improve steadily, with the naira appreciating based on the effects of the economic reforms of the government,” he said.

    “The Vice President felt that if pilgrims paid ₦8.5 million to ₦8.6 million based on the previous exchange rate last year, and the naira has now appreciated, the new rates should reflect that change. The benefits should be passed on to the intending pilgrims,” Hadeija added.

    He explained that NAHCON officials were directed to immediately review the exchange rates to achieve a significant reduction in fares.

    In his reaction, NAHCON Secretary, Dr Mustapha Mohammad, described the directive as a welcome development that would enable more Muslims to participate in the 2026 pilgrimage. “The lower the Hajj fare, the better for Muslim faithful intending to perform Hajj. As directed by the Vice President, we will work tirelessly within the next two days to reduce it to the barest minimum and make it affordable,” he said.

    Also, the Chairman of the Kebbi State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board and Deputy Chairman, Forum of the Chief Executives of the 36 States and FCT Pilgrims Boards, Alhaji Faruk Aliyu Yaro, commended the intervention by the President and Vice President.

    “We are very happy because the President and the Vice President have already intervened. We thank God for what they have said, which is expected to bring down the cost of the Hajj fare. So, we are happy,” he said.

    FG NAHCON TINUBU
    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
    Admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Demo
    Top Posts

    OYOSUBEB Releases CBT Results, Sets 50% Cut-off Mark for Recruitment

    July 31, 20243,999

    Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Okeho, Appoints Pioneer Vice Chancellor, Bursar

    August 30, 20251,932

    NULGE Rejects OYSHIA’s 7.5% Insurance Cut, Says Policy Undermines Workers’ Welfare in Oyo

    January 12, 20261,915

    Oyo State Head of Service Clarifies 2025 Confirmation/Advancement/Promotion Examinations for Public Servants

    October 18, 20251,701
    Don't Miss
    News

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    By AdminFebruary 17, 20266

    The Alhaji Dawud Makanjuola Akinola, Aare Musulumi of Yorubaland, Edo and Delta States, has congratulated…

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026

    Amofin Beulah Adeoye Celebrates Oyo Speaker, Debo Ogundoyin On His Birthday

    February 17, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Pinterest
    • Instagram
    • YouTube
    • Vimeo

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from Reality News Today.

    Demo
    About Us
    About Us

    Your window to the world.
    Email Us: realitynewstoday24@gmail.com
    Contact: +2348066248191

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
    Our Picks

    Aare Musulumi Urges Unity, Spiritual Renewal as Ramadan Begins

    February 17, 2026

    Oyo NUJ Congratulates Speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, at 39

    February 17, 2026

    Saudi Arabia Announces February 18 as First Day of Ramadan 1447 AH

    February 17, 2026
    Most Popular

    OYOSUBEB Releases CBT Results, Sets 50% Cut-off Mark for Recruitment

    July 31, 20243,999

    Federal University of Agriculture and Technology, Okeho, Appoints Pioneer Vice Chancellor, Bursar

    August 30, 20251,932

    NULGE Rejects OYSHIA’s 7.5% Insurance Cut, Says Policy Undermines Workers’ Welfare in Oyo

    January 12, 20261,915
    © 2026 Reality News Today. Designed by gaftyHub. Your window to the world.
    • Home
    • News
    • Feature
    • Special Report
    • Photo News
    • Education
    • Business and Economy
    • Event and lifestyle
    • Health
    • Security
    • Technology
    • Video
    • TV

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.